Monday 22 March 2010

Gepetto and a conscience

I might be spelling conscience wrong. I am gonna go with it for now...

I decided pretty early on that I wanted Gepetto t bear a resemblance to Professor Ochanomizu (sp?) from Astro Boy, a manga also inspired by Pinocchio. In the last few years, to celebrate the longevity of Astro Boy the mangaka Naoki Urasawa created a re-envisioning of Astro Boy called Pluto, and it is this version of the Professor I have so far focused on...

I will not lie, I am not overly fond of these designs. I want to work back in to the design a bit more until I am happier with them.. they just feel a bit... flat? lifeless? boring? Ochanomizu's character is akin to Gepetto's, he cares deeply for Astro... However as I am still tossing ideas about concerning the narrative a more cold, shunning Gepetto may make sense...

Anyway, I was also considering the idea of changing the conscience in to a different animal, perhaps an owl. Owl's are considered wise, after all. A more WILD idea I had was to have Gepetto load his own consciousness in to a robotic owl which would be Pinocchio's guide, of sorts...

pls note, digital monacle ftw

  

No comments:

Post a Comment